Agencia Catalana de Turisme
Spain - Barcelona
In a nutshell...
CATALONIA, a Mediterranean destination of immense geographical diversity, boasting a mild climate and a restless and innovative society, has become well known as the home of pioneers and immense industrial and commercial dynamism.
The birthplace of great artists like Gaudi or Dalí, whose innovative genius is today reflected in the cuisine of internationally-renowned chefs such as Ferran Adria or Joan Roca, Catalonia is home to 63 Michelin stars and a rich cultural heritage. A heritage including the Modernism and Romanesque periods recognised by UNESCO, not to mention over 500 kilometres of stunning Mediterranean coastline. With an excellent quality of life and business climate, a dynamic economic, outstanding infrastructure, a wide range of specialised services and many venues well equipped to host any number of business meetings and events, it is no surprise that Catalonia is an all-round winner.
CATALONIA and its capital Barcelona are the home to a large number of conference centres and also a range of indoor and outdoor spaces which lend themselves to providing a unique experience for any event, meeting or incentive programme, at the same time allowing participants to enjoy the many advantages of the region: food, its towns and cities, culture, shopping, well-being, the sea, mountain sports, golf, and many more.
Ibtm world (formerly EIBTM) is the leading global event for the meetings, incentives, conferences, events and business travel industry, taking place in Barcelona. The event gathers meetings industry professionals for three days of focused business opportunities, thought provoking professional education and networking to drive your business into the future.
Mobile World Congress (MWC) is the world’s largest gathering for the mobile industry, organised by the GSMA and held in the Mobile World Capital Barcelona.
Barcelona, one of the world's main congress destinations
4 conference centres Barcelona has the capacity for holding congresses for up to 90,000 delegates.*
- ESTRO Forum
- EAACI Annual Congress
- UEG Week Barcelona
- International Liver Congress (ILC) CIRSE EACTS
Lloret de Mar; Costa Brava meeting point
1 conference centre. Maximum capacity for 800 delegates
- European Forum for LGTB Families 2012. Lesbian and Gay Family Association (FLG)
- International Amusement Park Congress 2012. International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA)
- Mediterranean Maritime Heritage Forum 2013. Association of Mediterranean Maritime Museums
- World Travel Blogger Exchange 2015 (TBEX). Travel Bloggers Exchange (USA)
Girona, city of history and gastronomy with versatile congress facilities just 37 minutes from Barcelona
1 conference centre Capacity of the Symphonic Hall: 1,230 delegates
- XXIV Congress of the Catalan Digestology Association
- XVIII Joint Winter Meeting of the SEPAR areas
- VI Impulsa Forum
- VI Spondyloarthrosis Symposium SER
- XXXV ANAPORC Symposium
- V Gastronomic Forum
- XL SAEe Symposium
Tarragona, your event will go down in history
- First Lego League
- Microscopy at the Frontiers of Science
- VII Iberian Cold Science and Technology Congress and V Latin American Cold Science and Technology Congress
- I International Forum on University Teaching and Research (CIDIU)
- XVIII IUPAC International Symposium Organo-Metallic Chemistry directed towards Organic Synthesis (OMCOS)
- XIX IUSTI European Conference on Sexually Transmitted Infections
- V World Sophrology Congress
- XII International Symposium on Viral Hepatitis
Castelldefels, Tourist destination with excellent hotels and gastronomy just 20 minutes from Barcelona and 10 from the airport.
1 conference centre Maximum auditorium capacity: 350 delegates
- AXIS Communication
- Trinity Haircare
- Grope Seb
Lleida is the headquarters
1 conference centre Palau de Congressos La Llotja with maximum auditorium capacity for 1,000 delegates.
- XVII Symposium of the Sociedad Catalana de Urólogos
- Interpera, V World Pear Congress
- XII AECOC Congress for prepared meat products
- International Medieval Meeting
Reus, Commercial capital of the Costa Daurada
1 Trade Fair and Convention Centre with capacity for up to 3,000 delegates.
- Digestology Congress
- Pulmonology Congress
- IX Gotel Lymphoma Research Course
PortAventura Business & Events Conference Destination 1 hour from Barcelona
- Auto-distribution, Networks Congress
- 1st International Family Tourism Congress
Convention bureau services
The Catalunya Convention Bureau (CCB) is an Agència Catalana del Turisme (Generalitat de Catalunya) program committed to supporting, advising and providing with tools all the professionals linked to the business tourism, conferences, conventions, and incentive trips. The cooperation of the public administrations and the business sector provides the organizers of conventions and events with all the available information and resources to build up Catalunya as a qualified business tourism destination, and to promote its choice amongst the sector professionals.
Currently, the CCB cooperates with more than 140 companies and organizations specialized in putting together conferences, conventions, meetings, and incentive trips in Catalunya.
Services for the organizer:
- Exhaustive knowledge of Catalunya and its touristic resources, focusing on the business tourism.
- Free and impartial personalized advice about infrastructures, companies, and touristic services, specialized in organizing meetings, and establishing post-event, social and incentive activity programs.
- Contacting and dialoguing with the associated companies.
- Supporting candidatures attracting conventions.
- Supplying with touristic information about Catalunya for the meeting attendants.
- Information and content
How it works?
Receive FREE quotes from different venues and service providers thanks to one request
The right supplier
With your specifications book
Your venues and service providers,
and Fill in your request form
Catalonia is a country well connected to the world, has four international airports that have received more than 40 million passengers last year.
- Barcelona - El Prat International Airport
- 37,558,981 passengers per year
- 87 European destinations and 25 domestic destinations
- 27 transcontinental destinations
- 139 airline companies
- Girona - Costa Brava Airport
- 2,160,745 passengers per year
- 13 international destinations (there are no domestic flights)
- 9 airline companies
- Lleida - Alguaire Airport
- 24,395 passengers per year
- Operated by Air Nostrum
- 1 destination: Palma de Mallorca
- Access by bus and by road
- Reus - Costa Daurada Airport
- 850,492 passengers per year
- 1 domestic and 5 international destinations
- 6 airline companies
Catalunya has an extensive rail network that links the provinces and the main towns in the region, as well as the main Spanish and European cities.
- Bcn - Perpignan 1,2 h
- Bcn - Montpellier 2,5 h
- Bcn - Paris 6,3 h
- Bcn - Zurich 14,25 h
- Bcn - Milano 14,2 h
- Bcn - Madrid 2,5 h
- Bcn - Malaga 5,45 h
- Bcn - Sevilla 5,3 h
- Bcn - Valencia 3 h
- Bcn - Zaragoza 1,3 h
- Bcn - Girona 38 min
- Bcn - Figueres 53 min
- Bcn - Tarragona 24 min
- Bcn - Lleida 1,05 h
Road transport communications backbone between the main towns in Catalunya and the rest of Spain and Europe. The highways are safe and allow for quick travel between the different provinces of Catalunya. 1 hour and 30 minutes of travel allow you to combine cities, the sea and the mountains. In addition, the network of buses and taxis offer the best transportation options throughout the territory.
Catalunya has four ports with facilities for cruise ships and 45 commercial ports located all along the Catalan coast, ideal for the complementary activities of nautical tourism.
- Port of Barcelona: Important logistics hub and Europe's number one port for cruises.
- Port of Tarragona: Industrial and freight port with an important petrochemical industry as well as cruises.
- Port of Palamós: Fishing activity, leisure and cruise port.
- Port of Roses: Fishing activity, leisure and cruise port.
Meeting Planner Guide
239 pages / 18.03 Mo in pdf format
Free printable version
Catalonia Congres and events
7 pages / 18.57 Mo in pdf format
Free printable version
145 pages / 12.87 Mo in pdf format
Free printable version
Catalonia What's New
42 pages / 4.07 Mo in pdf format
Free printable version
Show the establishment
Address : Passeig de Gràcia, 105 08008 Barcelona
Tel : + 33 0140469797
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : : http://www.catalunya.com
London CTB UNITED KINGDOM
Agencies (14 establishments)